What is an HA filler and how safe is it?
Hyaluronic Acid is a well-tolerated substance because it is naturally occurring in the human organism. The HA found in Juvederm Ultra 4 is of a synthetic, non-animal origin. It has the same properties of non-synthetic HA, it rarely leads to allergic and other unwanted reactions and it does not migrate once it is injected under the skin because of its higher cross-linking ratio. This ingredient has lasting hydrating, filling and volumizing abilities which is why it is now commonly used in top-quality dermal fillers.
- Naturally present in the human body
- Outstanding skin moisturizing powers
- Leaves no trace behind
- Fills deeper wrinkles
- Enhances the appearance of lips, chin, and cheeks
Maintaining the results achieved with Juvederm Ultra 4
The standard effects’ longevity of this professional-grade soft-tissue filler by Allergan is 12 months at the most. There are, however, several tips that can prolong the effects of the treatment such as avoiding:
- Extreme temperatures during the first hours after the injection (sauna, solariums, hot showers, sunbathing, etc.)
- Blood-clotting drugs
- Alcoholic beverages before and after the treatment
- Sleeping on one’s side
- Massages and spa
Maintenance injection sessions are a must every few months if the patient wants to preserve their smooth and rejuvenated appearance.